My View

My View
VIEW FROM THE BRIDGE.

Monday 8 July 2013

Now You See Me.

Now You See Me was my first film for a couple of weeks. Today was the Aberdeen local holiday, so I decided to go and see this film. I am really glad I did!

There is a lot going on in the film, so I will try to avoid spoilers. The story centres on a group of illusionists, the Four Horsemen. It briefly shows how they came together after each receives a card from a mystery benefactor.
Moving on a year finds them staging massive illusions, one of which involves robbing a bank in Paris whilst in Las Vegas. They are funded by a multi-millionaire, played by Michael Caine, and pursued by an ex magician, played by Morgan Freeman, who is out to debunk their act.

The FBI are caught up in a game of cat and mouse trying to catch them out.The Horsemen always seem to be well ahead of the game, making the authorities look stupid with some hilarious set pieces.

There is a lot of sleight of hand in the plot that keeps you off balance. I worked out the reason for the revenge, but not who was taking it. Lots of spiritual/mythical background adds to the depth of the film, which will reward more than one viewing.

This is a film that starts out as a good old revenge film, but there is so much more to it!

No comments:

Post a Comment