My View

My View
VIEW FROM THE BRIDGE.

Saturday 25 October 2014

ABERDEEN RAILWAY MODEL CLUB EXHIBITION 2014.

Another week, another show! Fortunately this one was within walking distance. I have been a regular attender at the Aberdeen Model Railway Club Exhibition for the last dozen or so years. This is the fourth year that it has been held in the sports hall at the Robert Godon University.
General view of the hall

Another view of the hall.

Aberdeen Wargames Club was in attendance. Look out for a separate post on their Bolt Action game on the liberation of the French town of  Nouvion.

Terminus of the Dundee Model Railway Club display.

A view along the display.

Aberdeen Model Boat Club.

Thomas!


Aberdeen Modellers Society: Schnellboote.

More from the Aberdeen Modellers Society.

And some more.

My area of modelling interest.
Cardale Halt: Fourdon Club.

The engine had real steam effect.

Another view.
 
Inverness Club: I can remember those billboards!


Black Road: Real steam engines!
 
Elgin Club.

Track runs over a dam.

Through rural scenery.

Into a tunnel.

I followed this train along the route.

And over this spectacular bridge.
 
This display is made from simple card buildings.

Second hand and recycled engines, rolling stock and track.

It shows what can be done on a budget.
Disapointingly, the Museum of Transport display did not travel north this year. Just as well. Having taken a lot of pictures at Skelp! last week and during the week, my battery died on me. I was not able to take photos of the dolls houses, transport collections and the Embroderers Guild display, which had a wonderful embriodered armour breastplate on show.

I was there late morning, when there was not a huge attendance, and was able to visit the traders. I made a dent in Squires stock (as usual) and picked up some resin walls from Aberdour MR Co. It was good to see Mutineer miniatures attending, although they only had scenics on their stall.

By all accounts, it was a busy afternoon. This is a really good show for all the family.

No comments:

Post a Comment