My View

My View
VIEW FROM THE BRIDGE.

Saturday 4 October 2014

ABERDEEN MODELLERS SOCIETY EXHIBITION 2014 (PART 5): DIORAMAS.

Aberdeen Modellers Society have had a close asociation with the Gordon Highlanders Museum over the years. They have produced some fine dioramas that have been used in exhibitions to commemorate the anniversaries of important events linked to The Gordon Highlanders. Some of these dioramas were on display.



The first three depict day to day scenes encountered during the campaign in the Far East during the Second World War.



The larger diorama depicts the liberation of a town in The Netherlands in 1944-45.
 
A wonderful day out. I bumped into my friend David and his sons Matthew and Daniel. I then had a nice lunch in the Duchess Jean Restaurant. If you are ever in Aberdeen, then I can recommend a visit to the Gordon Highlanders Museum. 

No comments:

Post a Comment