My View

My View
VIEW FROM THE BRIDGE.

Thursday 30 January 2014

AIRFIX TOY SOLDIERS AND ME: THE BEGINNING.

My first two packs of Airfix soldiers were the old style German Infantry and 8th Army.
These were gifts from my gran and my dad. Over the years, a pattern developed that when my gran was looking after me, when my parents went out at the weekend, I got a kit or a box of soldiers to see me through the weekend. Needless to say, these were great days.

The first 'toy soldier' games that I played involved these. I remember my friend Iain  and I would set up the opposing sides in his lobby using wooden farm buildings built by his grandad. We would then set about each others forces by rolling marbles or firing matches from Iain's Dinky field gun.

I still have fond memories of those games. They really locked me in to a lifelong passion for gaming with toy soldiers.

Below are links to let you see the basic style of the contents.

http://www.plasticsoldierreview.com/Review.aspx?id=54
http://www.plasticsoldierreview.com/Review.aspx?id=55

No comments:

Post a Comment