My View

My View
VIEW FROM THE BRIDGE.

Tuesday 28 January 2014

MY FIRST AIRFIX KIT.

My father came home from work one Friday evening in late 1968 with something new: An Airfix kit!
My first kit was the Hawker Typhoon. In those days my father also worked as a nightclub doorman on Friday and Saturday nights. He would spend some time with me before going out. He bought the kit to allow us to do something together. With his help with the pilot and undercarriage (it went on the stand, so wheels up) I managed to complete the kit. The first colour scheme was gluey fingerprints and opaque canopy!

And so it began!

1 comment:

  1. Wish I could remember where I started! I had a huge selection of 1/72 scale kits and a few other scales too. But I haven't a clue which was the first... Probably a Spitfire or the Red Arrows kit I suppose...

    ReplyDelete