My View

My View
VIEW FROM THE BRIDGE.

Friday 30 August 2013

DIXIE REVISITED.

After a barren week games wise last week, I manged games nights on both Wednesday and Thursday.
Wednesday was a reboot of our Songs of Blades and Heroes campaign. I will cover SoB&H in a separate post.

Rick was hosting on Thursday. A quick and simple game was needed after a long day's work, so Rick brought Dixie out of the loft. Dixie is a card game by Colombia Games. There were three sets for the ACW, Bull Run, Shiloh and Gettysburg. Rick wanted to try and fight a battle with each set. However, as it is about 10 years since we last played, unfamiliarity with the rules and growing awareness of the tactical side of the game made, what first appeared was going to be a fast game, end up taking the best part of 2 1/2 hours!


Two views of the game in progress. The USA (Rick) are in possession of the CSA centre and are contesting the CSA left flank. They won shortly after this picture was taken.

The after game chat on both nights was on future gaming direction. Although I had already realised that I have too much stuff, these convesations gave me clarity on which projects and games will never be used and can be moved on. That means an early trip to the charity shop tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment