My View

My View
VIEW FROM THE BRIDGE.

Monday 14 November 2016

TARGE 2016.

Saturday 12 November 2016 saw my annual trip to Targe, Kirriemuir Wargames Club's show. As well as the traditional lunch at The Thrums, I had a good time at the show.

I only had one 'need', which was a Skirmish case from Figures in Comfort, for my Broken Legions and En Garde! forces. I did pick up a few other things, which I might share in a separate post. To the tables:
Germany 1945 game, using Fireball Forward rules. 

A wider view of the table.

A view from the US lines.

Fictional Honours of War game by Oldmeldrum Wargames Group.

Glasgow Games Group and Hawk Wargames had a Dropship Commander game.

And a Dropfleet Commander game.
The Iron Brigade presented a demonstration game of York 1641.

A wider view of the table.

Detail of 'York'.
East Neuk club put on a participation game set in the Borneo jungle during the Malaya Emergency.

Another view showing the Commando Miniatures figures used.

Commands and Colors Ancients using Hexxon tiles and 15mm figures. C& C Napoleonics in the background. Dunfermline Wargames Club.
A Congo participation game.

Russians v Afghans 1980s. I think Northumbrian Painting Service were running this.

Ancient Greeks on the attack in 15mm.

Middle Earth game using War of the Ring rules.

Another view of the battle. If I remember correctly it was the defence of the Westfold.


Indian Mutiny game of Sharp Practice, by SESWC.

Omaha Beach by Glasgow Warhog.

A closer view of the beach defences.
I did take shots of other tables, but these were of too poor quality to post.

Throughout the day I manged to talk to few traders and fellow gamers. I had my eye on a few things in the Bring and Buy, but ended up with a bargain DBA Hungarian army for £10. All in all a good day. Lovely shirt sleeve weather. Very un-seasonal for Scotland in November!

1 comment: