My View

My View
VIEW FROM THE BRIDGE.

Monday 23 November 2015

TARGE 2015.

 I finally made it to a Wargames show this year! Targe, in Kirriemuir, is the last show of the year in Scotland. It was a week later this year, to avoid a clash with the Warfare show in Reading.

Here are pictures of most of the tables. Some of the clubs and traders from the south didn't make it due to the weather.


Three photos from The Leuchars Veterans participation game of Operation Michael, the last German attack in March 1918.




The Oldmeldrum Wargames Group's game was Quatre Bras using Blucher rules with 6mm figures on the data cards.

Dunfermline Wargames Club ran a big game, or two connected games, of Commands & Colors Ancients using Hexxon terrain and DBA armies.

Set up for a game of Ronin.




                   Glasgow Games Group put on a Picnic at Jurassic Park participation game.
Brooklyn Heights 1776. Gourock Wargames Group

Retreat from Moscow 1812.




Bolt Action in the Far East by D.W.A.R.F.





                                                           The Battle of Preston 1715.





                                         SAS and LRDG raid on Wadi El Khazi 1941. Participation game.
I don't know if it was the weather, the fact there were gaps (which the host club did their best to fill) or that I was suffering post cold symptoms, but I thought that the mood was a little flat.

The bring and buy was busy, but there was not enough of interest. That said, I did end up with two games, a DBA army and a couple of other things. I did not sell everything I had taken, but managed to cover the cost of my purchases. I managed to do a deal for some GW stuff that did not sell with one of the traders.

I bought very little from the traders. Some Litko markers and a couple of small cases from http://www.figuresincomfort.net/, I pre-ordered the 2nd edition of 7TV with a cultist starter cast. I also took the opportunity to buy the Army Squad figures from http://www.crooked-dice.co.uk/.

We did have our traditional bar lunch at http://www.thrumshotel.co.uk/dining/.

I was glad to be able to get to a show in 2015. Not long till Carronade 2016, in May!

No comments:

Post a Comment