My View

My View
VIEW FROM THE BRIDGE.

Wednesday 27 November 2013

THE BATTLE OF TRAFALGAR SQUARE 1984.

Border Reiver Wargames Club presented a game based on an alternative outcome to the Miner's Strike in the 1980s. The scenario was that the Russians had invaded in support of an escalation of the strike to an uprising; and following an escalation of the Cold War.
The Russians had reached London. The final battle was in Trafalgar Square. Regular British forces with support from irregulars were trying to hold back the red hordes.


           Even the Prime Minister was manning the barricades!




Somewhere on the table, Arthur Scargill is inspiring the troops through his loudhailer.
 
I enjoyed seeing the progress of this game throughout the day. The terrain was well done. It looked like it was done in the style of an architect's model. Every time I see an architect's model, I always imagine the wargaming possibilities.

No comments:

Post a Comment